The Illinois Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program is implementing a new case management system statewide. This new system will cause some delay in processing paperwork as the process is streamlined. Your continued patience is appreciated.
The State of Illinois offers childcare assistance to low income families whose income is below 185% of the Federal Poverty level.
Your family may be eligible for assistance and you should submit an application if…
- You are working
- You are a two parent household and both parents are working
- You are a Tanf client with Public Aid and your RSP plan assigns you to a training or education program
- You are attending high school or completing your GED
and you meet the income guidelines set by the State of Illinois. You can find these income guidelines at the DHS website or by selecting the Eligibility Calculator link below.
Apply using an ONLINE Child Care Application
Apply using a paper Child Care Application
To request an application faxed or mailed please contact:West Central Child Care Connection
510 Maine Room 610
Quincy, IL 62301
1-800-317-4740 or 217-222-2592
Once your completed application is submitted, it will be reviewed based on eligibility factors of the program and an Approval or Denial notice, or request for additional information will be sent to you within 10 days.
Please keep in mind, if your application is approved you will:
- Have to pay a weekly copay to your provider based on income and family size
- Need to notify West Central Child Care Connection of changes in job, income, or childcare provider.
- Be required to complete paperwork to be redetermined at least every six months